A patch for matchmaking problems with Halo: The Master Chief Collection will not arrive as planned on Wednesday the 19th. Instead, the patch will arrive sometime later this week to "allow for additional fixes, as well as the completion of the testing and certification process." Hopefully the patch will arrive before the weekend.
If you are one who has had the patience to give DriveClub a run, developer Evolution is awarding you for your support. An update today adds a photo mode, three new (free) tracks, and support for upcoming DLC packs. Among the DLC supported is The Ignition Expansion Pack and Photo-Finish Tour Pack, which was scheduled to be the premium DLC for November. Here is the reward, those packs will be free to anyone who purchased the game. While it may not fix some of the server issues, it is a great gesture to keep current players happy and attract new ones as well. The two premium DLC packs will add five new cars, 10 trophies, and 22 new tour events. Also, the season pass for DriveClub has been extended to include four extra packs in July 2015. This is done to ensure that purchasers of the season pass will get everything that was promised. Unfortunately, no update on when the Playstation Plus version will be available.
Unfortunate troubles awaited players looking to transfer their online character and progress for Grand Theft Auto V. The issue did not spare either Xbox or Playstation platforms. Rockstar quickly jumped on the issue and now the Playstation 4 and 3 versions have been fixed. Sorry Xbox One/Xbox 360 users, that patch will be coming tomorrow.
Sniper Elite III got some new free content today for Playstation 4, both offline and online. Coming to single player is the new Shooting Range, allowing players to try all weapons in the game. Gun specific challenges will also be included in this all-new mode. Co-op also receives a new Overwatch mission; Twilight Strike. This new mission involves retaking Tobruk under the cover of darkness, with new trophies and optional hidden mission objectives. Coming to multiplayer is a Capture the Flag mode, and you will be able to enjoy this mode on three new maps; Fracture, Outpost Canyons, and Night Watch. This content is available today in the US and tomorrow for the rest of the world.
Releases this week:
- Company of Heroes: Ardennes Assault (PC)
- Dragon Age: Inquisition (Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS4, PS3, PC)
- Escape Dead Island (360, PS3, PC)
- Far Cry 4 (Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS4, PS3, PC)
- Grand Theft Auto V (Xbox One, PS4)
- Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F 2nd (PS3, Vita)
- The Jackbox Party Pack (PS4, PS3)
- LittleBigPlanet 3 (PS4, PS3)
- Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor (360, PS3)
- Minecraft (Xbox One - Retail)
- Monopoly Family Fun Pack (PS4)
- MXGP The Official Motocross Videogame (PS4, Vita)
- Never Alone (Xbox One, PS4, PC)
- Rabbids Invasion (PS4)
- Rollers of the Realm (PS4, Vita)
- Tiny Troopers: Joint Ops (PS4, PS3, Vita)
- Watch Dogs (Wii U)
- WWE 2K15 (Xbox One, PS4)
- Adventure Time: The Secret of the Nameless Kingdom (3DS)
- The Marvellous Miss Take (PC)
- Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms (PC)
- Pier Solar (Xbox One)
- Pokémon Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby (3DS)
- Super Smash Bros. (Wii U)