With the next big game in the Civilization franchise coming this Friday, you might be in the mood to replay a game from the franchise. Good news, going on till Thursday 10:00 AM PDT you will be able to play Civilization V for absolutely free. None of the DLC packs are included for free play however, yet this is still a nice bonus to those do not own Civilization V to get their taste of the hit franchise. Also of note is that Civilization Beyond Earth is also available for pre-load on Steam.
If you are a PC gamer getting Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, the minimum specs to run the game have been revealed on the Steam page. The specifications are as follows:
- OS: OS: Windows 7 64-Bit / Windows 8 64-Bit / Windows 8.1 64-Bit
- Processor: Intel® CoreTM i3-530 @ 2.93 GHz / AMD PhenomTM II X4 810 @ 2.80 GHz or better
- Memory: 6 GB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTS 450 @ 1GB / ATI® Radeon™ HD 5870 @ 1GB or better
- DirectX: Version 11
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Hard Drive: 55 GB available space
- Sound Card: DirectX-compatible
Driveclub developers Evolution have been working frantically to get players to connect online and race each other. In a post over the weekend, Written on the Driveclub Facebook page, "The majority of Driveclub players should now be able to connect and play online. More server updates and upgrades are coming online over the weekend, so while this work continues you may still experience some issues with connectivity but please keep trying." The work is not yet over, but it looks as there might be some light coming from the end of the tunnel. No word on when the Playstation Plus version of Driveclub will be available.
Also over the weekend, a new expansion for Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn. Titled Heavensward, the expansion will raise the level cap to 60, add a new playable race, introduce huge open areas, and include brand new jobs. More details about Heavensward will be revealed at the London Fan Festival taking place on October 25th, via the Final Fantasy XIV Twitter page.
After 10 years of collaboration, Ubisoft and founder of Ubisoft Toronto Jade Raymond will be parting ways, with Jade seeking future opportunities. Jade Raymond founded Ubisoft Toronto in 2009, taking on the role as managing director since then. She has been executive producer on Assassin's Creed II and Splinter Cell: Blacklist. In a post on Ubisoft Toronto's website, Raymond says, “I've spent 10 extraordinary years at Ubisoft, and I am proud to have been part of many of the best teams in the industry making truly remarkable games. This is one of the hardest decisions of my career, but the Toronto studio is strong and on a solid path." Replacing Raymond as managing director will be Alexandre Parizeau, part of the founding team at Ubisoft Toronto.
Pay What You Want For:
- Potatoman Seeks the Troof
- Trove Closed Beta Humble Extra Life Starter Pack
- Defiance Humble Extra Life Starter Pack
- Lone Survivor Director's Cut
- Twitch Turbo 30-Day Subscription
- Reddit Gold 30-Day Subscription
- Landmark 1-Week Beta Access
Pay $6 or More to Also Unlock:
- You Don't Know Jack Classic Pack
- King Arthur's Gold
- SpeedRunners (Early Access Game)
- Rift Humble Extra Life Starter Pack
Pay $13 or More to Unlock All of the Above Plus:
- Nom Nom Galaxy (Early Access Game)
- King Arthur's Gold Squad Pack (three additional copies of the game)